Are you a researcher considering a career switch towards industry? Are you searching for efficient tools to advance your career and become competitive in the job market? Take part in our workshops – our ambitious goal is to help you reduce the time you need to find a new career by the whole year!
We offer workshops dedicated to researchers. Our workshops are focused on self-discovery and preparing the participants for developing their future careers. We are practical, goal-oriented and we always take an individual approach to the course participants. At the end of the training, you will better understand your own strengths and weaknesses. You will also have a much clearer picture of what the dream job means for you, and what steps to take to get this job. You will also acquire comprehensive information about the job market for PhDs (including many useful contacts) which will highly accelerate the process of transitioning to industry.
This is not yet another typical university course based on textbook knowledge. During our one-day intense event, you will go through a battery of aptitude tests and exercises that will help you to determine what future career path might be best for you. We will also contact some private companies in our network after the event, and you might be called with a job offer!
Our workshops include the following lecture modules:
- How to find your true calling? Nature versus nurture
- Principles of self-management
- Where to go next? The landscape of Post-PhD career tracks
- How to land a dream job? Finding and developing your transferrable skills and core competencies. Applying for jobs/approaching job interviews
- Entrepreneurship session: Personal finances & How to build a business as a scientist
We also include the following activities:
- aptitude tests
- assignments in pairs
- group games
- 1-1 consultancy sessions
1. one-day full-day sprint events; for the full agenda and syllabus, please check here. The one-day sessions are intense and recommended for researchers who need to quickly improve on their knowledge about the job market, and start looking for jobs in the very near future.
2. two-day events; for the full agenda and syllabus, please check here. The two-day sessions include an increased amount of discussion time and consultancy, homework, more exercises in pairs and group games. These events are recommended for researchers who have more time to consider various career paths before making decisions on where to go next.
THE INCOMING WORKSHOPS
Our next event will be a one-day training taking place on Friday 31st January in Therapeutisch Activiteiten Centrum Amsterdam (TACA), Borgerstraat 102, 1053 PW Amsterdam. TACA is located in Central Amsterdam, 15 minutes by tram (no 17) from Amsterdam Centraal station. The participation fee is 295 EUR (+21% VAT). p.p. This price includes:
- lectures, hands-on exercises, aptitude tests, group exercise (for the full agenda, please check here)
- printed materials
- catering: lunch, coffee + tea, farewell drinks
To register, please fill in the registration form. The number of seats for this event is limited to 16. First come, first served 🙂
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com
NATALIA BIELCZYK’S BOOK IS AVAILABLE ON AMAZON NOW!
The book entitled ‘What is out there for me? The landscape of post-PhD career tracks‘ is available on Amazon, as en ebook, and as a paperback. Highly recommended for all those who consider switching between academia and industry!